DANIEL BUTLER | Contract Manager
Prague • +420 606 213 523
Daniel.Butler@post.cz • linkedin.com/in/danielbutler
Advanced Materials-JTJ a.s, Nanotechnology R&D 4, Prague • Whitepaper Author 05/2019 – 04/2021
• Learned technology and designed unique subsidy program to reduce pollution based on research grant in cooperation with the VSCHT, Prague 8 campus, studying commercial applications of Photocatalytic paint. • Managed all international roadshows and sales inquiries and negotiated discounted frame contracts for sales under FN NANO© trademark • Managed a team of young science researchers and outsourced advertising vendors. • Produced “Subsidy Program for the Reduction of Urban Pollution” as part of the Clean Cities grant project.
Melbourne s.r.o, self-owned limited company, Prague • Consultant 11/2013 – Present
• Operated entrepreneurial consulting firm taking on both executive and manual skilled employment. • Became active board member of a special needs charity (SmilingCrocodile.org). • Marketed for SaaS product (Translation Management System, Memsource.com). • Introduced of energy trading clients to regional hub service provider re licensing & registration (CEE-Service.com). • Drove delivery van for Bio-Butcher, The Real Meat Society.
MND a.s., Prague • Senior Trader 06/2011 – 11/2014
• Captured most active natural gas trading parties across the EU with minimal credit line constraints through aggressive sourcing and relationship building negotiations. • Achieved 60 EFET contracts with preferential conditions and only 2 requiring Credit Support Annex, and Enlisted energy trading desk on 3 gas hubs, 2 exchanges, and a custody account provider. • Made two-way spot prices on the Prague Energy Exchange (PSE subsidiary).
42 Financial Services s.r.o., IDB broker, Prague • Carbon Broker 06/2008 – 04/2011
• Intermediated carbon allowance and offset trades of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme. • Designed Green Certificate underwriting product for Romanian renewable energy sector and sourced backers.
Blackstone Global Ventures s.r.o., Prague • Trade Director 01/2007 – 11/2007
• Researched, designed, marketed, and attracted seed funding for a greenfield carbon offset fund. • Successful managed seed campaign and ran roadshow presentations across the EU and in the UK. • Bear Stearns cancelled as subprime crisis loomed.
Atlantik Financni Trhy, a.s. Stockbroker, Prague • Head of Equities Sales 09/2003 – 11/2006
• Noticed new opportunity and built the first and most active CEE carbon brokerage dealing in EU Allowances of the Emissions Trading Scheme, utilizing existing synergies of settlements.
Other Early Career achievements. 09/1989 – 11/2002
• Meinl Bank, Vienna • Setup Serbian FX Bond trading operation, and sourced Argentine distressed debt in 2002
• Consulting for three organizations in Belgrade, Serbia • Two brokerages and The East West Institute 2001-2002
• Komercni Banka, Prague • Head of International Equities sales: captured 50% of exchange volume for months of 1996.
• HSBC Australia, Sydney • Institutional Sales: sourced Indonesian voluminous FX business in 1994 from Australia.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
University of Washington, Seattle • Bachelors in Political Economy 1985
Sydney Futures Exchange, Sydney • Futures Broker License 1992
· Trading desk set up – solely set up two trading operations and was 1/3 of team for another in financial, carbon and energy products.
· New product developer – after identifying new opportunity in Carbon broking, developed new 30 minute credit window device to promote sales, successfully.
· Risk management – built up resources and managed credit risk assessment team for multinational counterparties., you’ll be expected to have technical hard skills and interpersonal soft skills.
· Wide ranging instrument skills – Traded forex, precious metals (gold/silver/palladium), financial futures, and equities on bank proprietary desks; acted as broker of equities, bonds, distressed debt, and carbon offsets.
· Team leader & mentor – while leading roadshow presentations with younger staff, enlightened colleagues on interpersonal communications, travel planning, speaking roles, and confidence.
· Contract management and negotiator – had to build up capacities in greenfield desk build to manange private documents, assess risk, and then negotiate favorable terms with counterparties and had tens underway at the same time.
BREAKDOWN OF ROLES
· 10% in risk-taking dealing
· 50% in institutional sales
· 20% in consulting roles
· 5 % in public speaking and relations
· 15% in new product development
· Founded Melbourne s.r.o. consulting in 2013.
· One of three founders of the profitable EBEL COFFEE HOUSE, from 1998 to 2003.